David Holobaugh, III
Who We Are
DAVID Construction, Inc. is a team of highly-skilled professionals comprised of engineers, architects and talented crafts people. We have earned a solid reputation for supplying creative solutions to difficult construction projects.
Built on decades of experience and a strong foundation of success, the strength of DAVID is apparent in our client successes. Part of what makes DAVID unique is our ability to self-perform a diverse array of specialized construction work elements. Because of our ability to self-perform so much work, we have fewer scheduling conflicts and greater control over cost and quality than other construction companies…resulting in a lower bottom line cost and a shorter construction schedule. Coupled with our strong professional team, DAVID clients will quickly see and benefit from the DAVID difference.
The DAVID Code
- Never compromise one’s character, honor, or integrity
- Maintain confidentiality for both the Client and the Company
- Treat people with dignity, respect, fairness, and equality
- Go above and beyond to enhance value for the Client
- Resolve disagreements sensibly and fairly
- Presume conflicts arise from misunderstandings rather than poor intentions
- Avoid conflicts of interest on both personal and corporate levels
- Honesty, attitude, punctuality, and continuous improvement are paramount
- Listen closely to gain clear understandings so better decisions are made
- Promises made are promises kept
Delivering construction excellence by making projects easy and fun.
Founded in 1979 by David B. Holobaugh, Jr., DAVID Construction, Inc. has garnered numerous awards and has earned a reputation for providing superior general contracting, construction management, and design/build services throughout the region.
DAVID is built on a proud family history and a foundation of partnership. David Holobaugh, Jr. sought to gather a team of individuals that were as committed to quality and creativity as he was. Kenny Catlett was DAVID’s first hire and someone who shared the common vision of customer excellence. Subsequently, Dave & Kenny established fundamental systems and building blocks that are still utilized today. Several years later, Dave trained and mentored his son, David Holobaugh, III following David’s college education in civil engineering in 1987. David subsequently bought DAVID from his father in 1998, and his father has since retired from the construction industry.
Bringing DAVID into the next generation, David has married the traditional foundation of the company with the newest technology the industry has to offer. Also expanding into a larger geographical area, DAVID is now able to better serve its community while maintaining the original characteristics that made it the company that it is today.
DAVID Construction employs a staff of highly skilled management professionals capable of supplying creative solutions to difficult problems. In addition to employing highly skilled management professionals, we also employ a varied and diverse set of skilled field personnel.
David Holobaugh IV
DAVID Construction maintains state of the art systems to facilitate high level construction performance. We utilize technology systems such as Primavera/Oracle scheduling systems, Primavera/Oracle project management systems, Timberline estimating systems, COINS accounting and job cost software, field laptops with high speed jobsite Internet access, accurate record keeping systems, proprietary quality control systems, and rigid safety procedures. You won’t find a tighter ship in the construction business. The following are just a few of the systems we employ for all of our clients:
- Project Management Systems
- Estimating Systems
- Architectural Desktop
- Quality Control Systems
- Accounting and Job Cost Systems
- Jobsite Offices
Any questions regarding these systems in more detail can be directed to [email protected]
State Licensure & Certification
Although most of DAVID’s projects are in Kentucky and Indiana, DAVID has also completed projects in Ohio, Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia, West Virginia and Florida. DAVID has earned outstanding credibility in the construction industry by completing schools, fire stations, apartment complexes, office buildings, medical facilities, country clubs, county jails, hotels, and military facilities, just to name a few. The following represents the states DAVID is currently licensed in.
- West Virginia
Awards & Affiliations
DAVID is always striving to be better for our clients. As a result, we often hear what a great job we do. We wanted to share that with you! Choose from our awards, affiliations and certifications below. Learn what we have accomplished and what we can do for you.
- 1991 – Bartholomew County Jail & Kentucky Farm Bureau Headquarters Building
- 1992 – Crescent Hill Clearwater Improvements
- 1993 – Fort Knox Shopping Center
- 1994 – New Sportsman Lodge, Fort Campbell Kentucky
- 1995 – Seelbach Hotel Conference Room
- 1996 – New Marketplace Pavilion
- 1997 – J. Dan Talbott Amphitheater Renovation (My Old Kentucky Home State Park)
- 1999 – Breckinridge/Franklin Elementary & Napa River Grill
- 2007- Brandenburg Primary School & Fasig-Tipton Renovation
- Leadership Louisville
- Leadership Southern Indiana
- Greater Louisville Inc. (GLI)
- Annual Christmas Toy Drive
- University of Louisville Athletics
- Boys Scouts of America
- Girl Scouts of America
- Jeffersonville Little League
- Metro United Way
- Center for Women and Families